TypeSafe has been updated and improved with user-suggested features and bug reports. If you have any feedback or ideas, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Support for Audio Mixers parameters and snapshots.
- Support for Animator parameters and layers.
- Added checkboxes in advanced tab for disabling individual data sources.
- Minimum supported Unity version is now 5.4.
- Unity 4 is no longer supported.
- Custom asset type cache is now stored separately from settings so it can be excluded from source control.
- Textures set to the “Sprite” import mode will now use the Sprite type in resources.
- Changes to assets in blacklist no longer trigger automatic scan.
- When whitelist is enabled, changes to assets not in whitelist no longer trigger automatic scan.
- Items in blacklist/not in whitelist no longer have heavy processing (should speed up scan time significantly on large projects).
- Custom asset types are now cached so subsequent scans are faster.
- Menu items are no longer specified in the .dll file, instead are located in TypeSafe/Editor/MenuItems.cs to allow for user customisation.
- No longer aborts compile process if a C#-safe name for a resource cannot be found, instead skips and prints a compile error.
- Added “Start Scan” button to settings window.
- Resources with a custom type that is ‘private’ are now declared as ‘internal’ to prevent “Inconsistent accessibility” errors.
- Input axes are now included in generated code (as defined in the Input Manager)
- ‘Whitelist’ mode allows you to specify only the folders/assets you want to include.
- Select what can trigger automatic scan (resources, layers, scenes, etc).
- Customise the output directory from the settings window.
- Settings window updated with new layout, added changelog tab to welcome window.
- Can opt-in to including disabled scenes in the generated code (useful for development when not including all scenes of your game in test builds)
- Prevent ‘.’ character in naming scheme class names.
- (Mac) Prevent settings asset from being overridden when reimporting project.
- Added Unload() method to resources.
- Added UnloadAll() and UnloadAllRecursive() methods to resource folders.
- Resource wrappers now cache with a weak reference, so they do not prevent Resources.UnloadUnusedResources() working.
- Added ITypeSafeDataSource interface for using TypeSafe for custom data. See documentation for details.
- Added TypeSafeApi static class for invoking TypeSafe scan/compile process via script.
- PrefabResource.Instantiate(Vector3) overload added (no rotation)
- Fixed “Object has been cleaned up” warning when saving a scene with TypeSafe enabled.
- Added documentation comments to generated resource folder methods (GetContents, etc).
- Welcome window no longer shows up after the first time
- Fixed Editor-only resources being included in scan